Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Computer Virus

As of this moment my computer is infected with a computer virus which I contracted last night in a rash of watching illegally streamed television shows like Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, The League, and Weeds. It was actually Weeds I was the most frustrated about, because there were only 8 links to the episode and they were all taken down which drove me to insane heights of looking for that episode and doing whatever it took to find out just what had happened to that crazy drug dealing family this week.

Fortunately there is an internet cafe/computer repair store on my block where i have been sitting patiently waiting since 4 o clock for my computer to be registered as clean of viruses.

In that time I've eaten 2 cup of noodles, paced around a lot, and made possible trades for my fantasy football team.

There is a girl sitting next to me that it is out of work and i cringed when i heard her begin a conversation this way "hi i used to work there"

Ive also discovered that i missed an email at 1 o clock which was a job offer for 4 people to give away gummi bears at Coney Island this Saturday.

That job is for sure taken. See what that episode of Weeds has cost me! Besides the 15 bucks and 2 hours of internet time and 2 cups of cup o noodle that is.

I can't say that I learned a lot from this experience. I probably won't be more careful because I haven't gotten a virus in many years and usually I take great pride in personally squelching them, but in this case this one got the better of me.

Perhaps after so many years on the pine my skills are beginning to atrophy.

Maybe I need to hand out more stupid postcards to tourists in Times Square. I'm sure that will make me feel better...

The American born Indian guy who works here supposedly 10 hours a day 7 days a week recommended I get Kaspersky anti-virus software.

I have never had an anti-virus program because I've never had a real problem I couldn't fix before, but then again most of the time I was at home where I had easy access to another computer which is greatly needed when trying to fix a broken computer.

Should I get the anti-virus software? Should I go home after my computer is fixed and watch that episode of Weeds anyway?

Stay tuned!

Labels: