Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

You Know What I don't think?

I don't think this is all too much to ask for. A lot of other people have travelled this same road before with varying degrees of resistance. Maybe they were better looking or luckier or smarter than me or knew the right places to go.

But they did it. I'm sure it was hard for them. I know Harrison Ford spent 13 years as a carpenter before he got anywhere. I haven't even been here 2. Of course I did spend one summer as a carpenter. Man I was terrible at that.

So. I say my prayers. I take my vitamins. I eat my Wheaties. And every day I just duck my head under and plow straight on into the maoelstrem that is living in New York City on a wing and a prayer.

Cuz it's hard. It's damn hard. I need all the help and support and love I can get. Boy this thing sure isn't getting any easier. I feel like I'm pushing a boulder uphill.
But God told us to speak to that mountain and tell it to move out of the way. Maybe my voice is a little timid right now when talking to the boulder. I guess I've been a little polite to it. Perhaps I'm giving it more respect than it deserves.

You know when I look at those famous people on tv and the ones that aren't quite so famous, I come to realize that they're just people like you and me. People that got up and tried hard every day and didn't give up. They didn't give up.

They didn't give up.

I bet that mountain wasn't scared of them either.

God's got the whole world in his hands folks. We're all just a little piece of it in there. We've got to hold fast to what we believe in. What we hope for. What we dream.

We've got to believe in something. Belief in nothing is the quickest way to defeat to letting that boulder just roll over top of you and kill you deader than anything you can imagine.

But we're not the ones pushing it. God is. And he's got big hands.

So I'm asking everybody to pray for me. Not every day. I know that's too much to ask. I forget sometimes myself. But just you know, when you think about me.

I don't want to end up like this:

Rocket

hurtling….

soaring….

way off in space

leaving it all behind,

but just for a while,

emptiness abounds

leaving behind the human race

useless fragments of cargo entow

as it drops - released

to the earth far below

All normal thoughts and worries,

gone for a while.

A solitary passenger

A solitary smile.

DESTINATION - UNKNOWN

Then reality returns…

And all that remains,

is a burnt-out old man

in the blackened and charred husk

of a rocket that once was…

his dream.

copyright: Joshua Dudley 1997


Currently watching: The Astronaut Farmer

Labels: