Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's a Record

I was just on set of Law and Order: SVU doing background work for television which usually shows up as a blob on television and I met 2 different girls on set and they both had boyfriends. I think that has to be a record. Usually I only meet one girl on set that I'm interested in that has a boyfriend, so this was completely unexpected and an awesome to cap off my day.

I just realized that I am too tired to complete this post which would consist of describing this girls well, if I type long enough without thinking about it, I am sure that I can come up with something.

The first one had hair in her face and was untraditionally beautiful and had just written a screenplay and had a kid I enjoyed talking to her all day and discovered she had a boyfriend when I told her that I've been accused of living my life like I'm in a movie and my life quote for that would be, "I think life is one big inside joke and I'm looking for someone to share it with." She said it was sweet and my pseudo gay friend Scott that I see at least once a week on set (he's actually not gay, I just tease him about it for fun) said, "You could be that person." I guess he was trying to help but she said she was going steady.

It didn't dampen my mood at all because I enjoyed talking to her still and because Scott makes me laugh.

Later we were doing a courtroom scene and I ran into a production assistant eating beef jerky which I noted as unusual and she said everyone on the SVU set always eats beef jerky. That's really all i can remember about her other than the fact that I thought she was cute and you'd think that wouldn't be much of a reason to ask someone out but you misunderestimate how much I like beef jerky. I wrote a column about it on my old Joshua Dudley website at joshdudley.tripod.com.

I mentioned this to some of the other PA's that I was friends with and they told me she had a boyfriend on site. So I went around explaining this to everyone else that I saw later about how ridiculous it was.

So overall it was a fun day because of the screenwriter with a kid and a boyfriend and my friend Scott. I got to talk to them all day and work 15 hours in the cold cold weather. What could be better than that?

Labels: