Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Man versus Machine

Today's blog is brought to you courtesy of the chair that I bought yesterday for 13 dollars that provides me enough back support to be able to write to you relatively free from pain. Let's give it up for the chair everybody!

And my flat panel monitor and speakers are now resting comfortably on a svelte but cheap looking computer desk that came in a 35 pound box that I had to lug 2 blocks from the store along with the chair and then collapse in a heap. The next day after becoming strong like bull I put myself to the test yet again and attempted to setup the computer desk despite the fact that the directions are written in 3 languages and clearly the interpreters at times forgot which one was which. Although this may not explain how part 5 was labelled part 1 but it is obvious to me that not a single woman works at the plant that this monstrosity was put together at, otherwise they would have made sure that all needed holes to gently send the screws home into were present and accounted for.


Probably only 2 of you know what a pilothole is, hence the reason that I didn't mention the word "pilothole" in that last paragraph. My roomate, the great Italian who mumbles a lot, was baffled when I said the pilotholes were missing from this piece of crap. I had to explain to thim that pilotholes are holes that are pre-drilled so screws can be inserted with a minimum amount of effort. This also helps to explain why the part of the computer desk that the keyboard normally rests on is still on the ground. It is because my brain and my back could not take any more drilling without drill bits and using flat edge screws. So I am typing away with my wireless keyboard right in front of the monitor as nature intended it.

Important Read this Line Carefully!

And yesterday one of the temp companies that I've been going to off and on for weeks finally came through and starting on Monday I will be the receptionist at the NYU real estate office.

Thank you Sweet Jesus. Amen.

You should note this line too

This concludes today's blog as my whole afternoon was spent in a race against time to put this thing together so I could write this and then go to my friends concert.

and we're done.