Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Friday, December 30, 2005

The weather is nice and I need a sandwich

Fortunately I have recently completely filled out my latest subway card, which means that a free 6 inch subway sandwich is awaiting me a mere five blocks away after completion of this blog and subsequent departure from the library.

Whew. I can't wait for the holidays to be over and all the people who are crowding the subways with their Macy's bags to go home and leave me in peace so i won't have to fight past all these slow moving people when I'm trying to get to work in the afternoons. Geez, where did all these kids come from anyway.

I saw the best magician on the subway the other day, he was doing all these tricks with rings where he would tap them and they would go together and great card tricks like the kind that you see on television. He had that naturally spooky aura that David Blaine, proffessional street magician, has also. So I gave him a dollar. It was the first time I've given money away in New York, other than to the government for their ridiculous parking tickets.

There's no where to park around here and to make matters worse you have to move your car at least once a week because of street cleaning at which time I have to get up before 9 in the morning to go move my car and get back in bed because I just worked till midnight at TGI fridays last night.

And I bombed at the Bowery Poetry Club. I was the very last performer on at 2:30 in the morning on Monday night and my time was compressed down to 4 minutes and I guess I was trying to get as many jokes out as possible and so much of the audience was inebriated that I guess they weren't making the connections and I was moving pretty quickly so it didn't work out that well. That's what learning is about though - screwing up.

I've just finished reading a book called "THE NARNIAN" about C.S. Lewis. I friggin loved it. It made me cry more than once and gave me a much deeper and profound love and respect for the man. I reccomend that all who saw the movie and actually enjoy reading to give it a whirl.

I love all of you and I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you soon. Your prayers and support keep me going through a difficult transitory period in my life.

God bless!

P.S. and happy new year!