Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Friday, November 18, 2005

I've Got a Job

You read the title right. I just got a job at Uno's Pizza, and yes I'll be a waiter. I'll also be waiting for your responses. Yes, that was a joke. Yes, it was an awful one, but things cost more in the city.

I had my notebook filled up with like 18 pages of leads and phone numbers and jobs to look for and amazingly enough, Uno's was actually looking for workers. I was incredulous.

I went in to the resteraunt and was greeted by a smiling manager with an earpiece named Chad who seemed like your typical cool dude recent college grad. And somehow he was the manager, maybe the fact that this location is across the street from New York University in the East Village (Manhattan) has something to do with this. I don't know. But right now I'm feeling overwhelmed with joy from finally getting a job, combined with the sudden drop of having one of my main goals knocked out of the way and I was so tired from that struggle that I feel the need to recharge my batteries till next week when I start (hopefully) tackling getting a manager and an agent and going on auditions and actually serving food to people again and getting paid for it.

Currently I'm using the computer in the hallway of the main office at Redeemer Presbyterian Church on Broadway and W 38. It's free. That's one of the benefits of going to church folks, besides the breakfast muffins served afterwards of course.

I've met a lot of people, and maybe this weekend I can finally start hanging out with them somewhere besides in the lobby of the Bowery Poetry Club which is an absolute hipster mecca, and for obvious reasons I feel right at home at.

That was the longest 2 weeks of my life by far when I was going door to door looking for work, and fortunately it was unseasonably warm the whole time. It just now got cold around here yesterday. It almost seems like New York was waiting for me to get started. It's still a cruel world, but it just seems a little friendlier now.

I feel way too off to amuse anyone with funny anecdotes right now so I apologize to all readers about the tone. I'm sure everything will settle in as soon as I get the internet in my room and can type in the comfort of my santa claus long johns.

Hopefully this internet thing happens soon, because before I moved in, I was told that the internet was part of the utilities that I was paying for, and now my roomate is trying to push me to get Verizon DSl because he's having a hard time paying the old cable bill, which is the reason for the hangup and the headache right now.

INCONVENIENCE BEGONE!

And that's the way I feel about it right about now.

This funk is so rubber.