Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

How I met a Blues Legend and Lived to Tell About it


Chances are that most of you didn't know that I currently do freelance entertainment reviews for my local paper (Daily Press)'s web site 7 Cities. The site is intended to be a mouthpiece for "What's hot in Hampton Roads" coming from "not old people" locals and sending people out free to entertainment in the area like concerts, prostate screenings, bingo, and leg hair removal.
Normally I just mooch off them to get free movie passes once a month, but recently there's been a shakeup in the hierchy there and the guy in charge of the whole thing is coming off like a shady character, blasting everyone telling them what a lousy job they're doing, and about how they're going to be off the 7cities team if they don't "show up".

Unfortunately, I had to "Show up" "with respect" in a "proper" way and do a review of the blues legend Coco Montoya. I was up till 1:00 in the morning at the show but yet I got an email upon waking up by my editor who told me "Where's that article man?" I pounded out the article in like an hour complete with photos which are available on the site. Naturally the story took 4 days to post and will probably be gone in 3 weeks. Well anyway, enjoy my attempt at real editorial journalism and laugh at the other girl who went to the show and how embarrassing her story looks compared to mine.