Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Monday, July 18, 2005

Taking Notes

Over the last few days or so I've gotten hyped about being in the blogworld. I've started slipping mentions of my blog into conversations with everyone, including restaurant customers.

It usually goes something like this.

Them: So how have you been doing?
Me: Awesome, I can't wait to get home and write on my blog.
Them: What's a blog?

or this!

Them: What have you been up to lately?
Me: Not a whole lot, just trying to work up some new material for my blog.
Them: What's a blog?

here's another popular variation of the same conversation!

Me: Have I mentioned yet that I started my own blog?
Them: You mean like online?
Me: Yes.
Them: What's a blog?


So as you can see, despite what I thought was a deep penetration of the word "blog" and the reports I read constantly about the millions of new blogs started everyday normal people at an average restaurant like Ruby Tuesday seem to have no idea what a blog is. Unfortunately there is no substitution for visiting a blog, so I will just have to keep on talking about my blog until my comments section is so crammed I have to hire a PR person to handle it. Maybe it would also help if there was a place on the page to email me? Because I'm not sure that there is. This could be one of the main reasons that I haven't received dozens of emails from curious denizens of this great world that we live in called the Internet.

I'm tired and I need a shower. How was your day?

A few more things happened that must be reported on.

1) I've started keeping a small notebook and a pen in my back pocket to record anything funny or interesting that people say. I also record casual observations that I make and realize that no one else is making these observations so I should write them down for the benefit of all mankind.

2) I watched Charlie and the Chocolate factory

3) The Hot girl from work started putting the moves on me. Please note that even though I capitalized the word "Hot" it has nothing to do with the movie "The Hot Chick" starring Rob Schneider and is really more about how hot the girl is.

My next blog will focus on those topics which I have cleverly alluded to in order to get my readership to click here again tomorrow.

But alas my time for writing has passed, and my time for going to my local newspaper office to pick up an advance ticket for the awful movie The Island has come.


Until then, keep those comments flowing in like rain!