Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Apple Bashing

As an avid follower of technology and news, and a proud Verizon Iphone owner with way too much time on his hands, I have read a great number of stories about recent tech products since my near demise.

Many of them fall under the same basic premise, to wit: you do or don't need said product, and you should or shouldn't wait until the next iteration of said product.

Usually its an apple product being bandied about; the verizon iphone, ipad 2, and Iphone 5 (universal gsm?) have been making the rounds in these discussions.

But, and this really should be said more often in articles, if you need or really want a piece of technology and it won't destroy your finances to get it, why shouldn't you get it? For the love of God, I thought that was the American way.

Tonight I just read, probably without exaggeration, the 30th piece of this type in the last 2 months and I just got all kinds of fed up. Here is a link to the article should you wish to waste your time on this drivel, and below is the email that I sent off to the writer in question, Jonathan Blum, about his tremendous article entitled "You Don't Need the Ipad 2"

I'm pretty sure he won't respond, but if he does, I will definitely let you know

My Letter:

I don't need the Ipad 2? There is an increasing number of anti-apple stories run, which this story falls under, which seem to be lazy attempts to fill space. Why would you bother running a commentary like that?

Did you also write an article advising people to wait for the Iphone 5?

And not for nothing, but isn't it good for Apple, an American company, to make money hand over fist?

Also your vampire and garlic analogy seemed frighteningly out of place.

Guess what? There's very little technology that you actually "need" on a basic level, but if it increasingly makes life easy for us, then whats the problem with that?

Also, thanks for telling me that there are other tablet devices out there. If not for the Ipad, these devices would not exist at all.

Does the Street pay for articles like this? I would be interested in being a total hack writer for profit

Labels: , , ,