Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Monday, February 06, 2006

What's next for the future?

What does the future hold for Joshua Dudley, future superstar? Well, shortly after this blog is done, I'm going to get up off this futon and eat some cereal. I want to let all my fans know that I do try to eat healthy but there was only one egg left and I already scrambled that with cheddar cheese.

But I know, that everyone is talking, and the buzz is becoming almost too much. People are saying, "Hey man, you've got the internet now, you can email people again, you can waste a whole afternoon reading movie reviews and any new ipod news that may be linked to cnn.com and I'm like, "You're right. You're absolutely right! I can do that! I can do all that. And one day I will, but not today."

I really don't know why so much of that last paragraph was in quotes, since this whole thing is in first person anyway. I guess that's kind of wierd.

Alright, I lost where I was going with that. I was thinking about the Dave Chappelle on Oprah interview that I just finished watching. I guess a lot of people are talking about it. They're saying, "Wow Dave Chappelle really is crazy", and "That Dave Chappelle really was smokin something last night!" Although I may be misrepresenting that last guy by presenting his quote with an exclamation point.

But while we're on the topic, I watched the interview, and it was horrible. Dave was not only rambling, he was unspecific and I kept waiting for him to say something that I understood and then they would cut to a commercial break. He kept talking about all the pressure that was on him because of the 50 million dollar contract and all the people that wanted in his pockets and in his mind. Then he said he might come back if he could give his dvd money to "the people". And an entire episode of the one hour Oprah show was devoted to this story, which according to the interviewee wasn't much of a story. He needed a break from all the people hounding him, and he bounced.

So what I'm trying to say is, that maybe making my grand return to regular blogging with a special about my fat roomate wasn't in the best taste. Perhaps it won't gain me a larger audience. It seems possible that some people's tolerance for fat people is exceeded by their good taste. Maybe some people were offended by it. I get upset when people are offeded by me, and then in turn those people are offended that I am upset at them being offended at something I wrote for them. And then the whole thing just makes me sick.

But the truth is, I don't know where to go with the blog anymore. I can't make it too inclusive or I'll feel like I'm losing a small part of myself. What I'm saying is, I just have to be me. And until someone pays me to do otherwise, that's who I'm going to be.

Someone told me last night that, "They read my blog Mr. Dudley and they liked parts of it, but for a blog that was trying to be funny it didn't make me laugh as much as it could have."

So there you go. More laughs. That's what we need. Laughter. Happiness. Joy. Sentence Structure. Capitalization. Wow, I really should have ended with that thing about how I just gotta be me.