Seriously This is Hot Stuff!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

More Proof that I'm Getting Younger

A lot of people have remarked that I'm not getting any younger. I do not feel that this is true. This is partly due to the fact that when I was a lot younger, I wasn't really young. People said I had an old soul. That's the kind of thing that you say to a kid who seems quiet and reflective. This is because old people don't do a lot of jumping around and quoting Dumb and Dumber and laughing a lot. They are very good at balancing their checkbooks, and complaining that their cancer is acting up.

Lately, I have rediscovered how to be young and dumb again, so it's really serving me in good stead as I move forward with being a world famous movie actor. Case in point: I was at the Wachovia parking lot making a deposit, and there was this high school kid with a jansport backup on with a cell phone in his ear. Naturally I deduced that he was wondering where the trash his mom was and how come she hadn't picked him up yet. So I said to him, "Your mom hasn't picked you up yet huh?" "Nope", came the reply. And then he asked me if I had graduated yet, thus conclusively proving that I am getting younger, and I can still audition for high school movie roles for a few more years yet.